Okay, we all get stressed out right? Dr. Lynne Tan, psychiatrist at Montefiore Medical Center in New York, and some stars share their tips to “chill-out.”
- Write things out — Writing your thoughts channels energy from something negative into something positive. Jessica Simpson says she goes through a journal every 5 months.
- Pamper yourself — Take care of yourself! Go get a massage! Hilary Swank says, “I love to relax with a pedicure!”
- Change your focus — Go to a museum, read a book, focus on what makes you happy! Britney Spears says she reads every night to stop her mind from remembering her soon to be husband is a mooch (just kidding — but I know now she thinks it).
- Calm down girl — Take a tip from Oprah… she says when things get chaotic she heads straight for a bubble-bath. The crazier things are on the outside… the calmer she needs to be on the inside.
- Hit the gym — Working out is just plain good for you — body and soul! Eva Longoria says she’s been working out for a long time and feels great!
- Get back to nature — Christina Applegate likes to re-connect with nature and de-stress… She sets aside at least 20 minutes in the sun every day.