Various Web Sites For Super Bowl
The Game Site: www.superbowl.com/
The Online Site: http://howtowatchsuperbowlonline.net/
Betting Odds: http://www.sportsbook.com/
The Host For Super Bowl (Information): www.neworleanssuperbowl.com/
Team Sites To Follow The Super Bowl Hype
www.baltimoreravens.com/ – The Baltimore Ravens head to their first Super Bowl in 12 years. The Ravens triumphed over the New York Giants in Super Bowl 35 at the conclusion of the 2000 season for their only other Super Bowl apperance.
www.49ers.com/ – San Francisco 49ers has never lost a Super Bowl game. They are 5-0. Last time they played was 1994 in Super Bowl 29. The 49ers will try to join the Pittsburgh Steelers as the only teams with six Super Bowl championships.
- Both Teams together have never lost in the Super Bowl and are 6-0 with combined Super Bowl records.
- 10 times New Orleans has hosted the Super Bowl, tied for most with Miami. The rest of the top five: Los Angeles (7), Tampa Bay (4) and San Diego (3). When combined, the four cold-weather locations to host the Super Bowl—Detroit, Minneapolis, New York and Indianapolis—would be fourth on the list.
- The other big event in New Orleans, the Mardi Gras, is also scheduled for the month of February. Mardi Gras is on the 12th of February. As the Super Bowl is on the 3rd, no parades will take place January 28 through February 5.
- 750,000,000 is the approximate amount of money spent on upgrades to the Superdome since Hurricane Katrina, including a “Champions Square” entertainment space outside that will serve as “Fan Plaza” on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 6,000 is the minimum number of volunteers needed to make Super Bowl XLVII a success, according to jobmonkey.com. Roles to be filled include greeting visitors at the airport and hotels, supplying directions in the city, handling hospitality at various events, and charity efforts such as building playgrounds and cooking food.
- 5,000 is how many pounds of hot dogs are expected to be sold during the game. As for how this relates to the 5,000 media members, feel free to draw your own conclusions.
- $200 is the expected parking rate outside the Mercedes-Benz Superdome this Sunday, as was the case last year at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Ind. This makes Sunday a good day to own a one-acre parking lot close to the field, which could net around $25,000. And yes, you will be double-parked into your spot.
- 90 million toilets will be flushed during the Super Bowl halftime. And as the nachos, bean dip and beverages abound, the day has historically become one of the busiest days for plumbers. In fact, every year, one-in-five Americans battles a clogged toilet, often times during halftime.