- Set your thermostat at 68 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and 60 degrees Fahrenheit at night.
- Keep lamps and TVs away from air-conditioning thermostats. The heat produced can cause the air conditioner to run longer.
- Reduce trips to the refrigerator. Each time the door is opened, up to 30% of the cold air can escape.
- Take a look at your furniture arrangement. Make sure vents and radiators aren’t blocked by sofas, chairs or other items.
- Remove lint from the dryer filter. A dirty one can increase energy use by up to 30%.