Mysterious sounds, an uneasy feeling and a variety of spooky sights led me to believe that my house might be haunted. Were we living with spirits, or was there a logical explanation?
1. Something’s always waking you up in the middle of the night.
2. Objects such as keys, phones and remotes seem to move around or totally vanish into thin air.
3. Everything is covered in some sort of sticky ectoplasm.
4. Lights are always turning on and off.
5. Cabinets, doors and drawers that you know were closed are found completely ajar.
6. There seems to be a creepy presence lurking just beside you, and it’s always there. You sense it in the bathroom while you’re taking a shower, slithering about just outside the curtain. It’s next to your bed while you sleep, and you don’t need to open your eyes to know that it’s only inches from your face, silently staring at you. Was that a disembodied hand under the bathroom door? You’re not even alone when you’re trying to pee.
7. There’s a bloody hand print running down the glass window! OK, it’s not blood, it’s really comprised of ketchup and juice, but it still looks gross and fairly scary.
8. You hear loud thuds and bangs followed by total silence, and you’re completely terrified to go see what could have been making those sounds.
9. You’re afraid to close your eyes for a moment — even in the middle of the day.
So, next time you hear something going bump in the night, don’t be afraid. With little kids, that paranormal activity is likely … normal.