Here are five phrases that turn people off online . . .
1. Words About How Hot You Are. Bragging about how hot you are makes you look egotistical and shallow. You don’t need to WRITE about your looks, since your pictures will cover that.
2. Misspelled words. Bad writing makes you look uneducated and lazy. It’s not difficult to do a simple spell check before you post your profile.
3. Words about looking for a “successful,” “generous,” or “financially stable” man. Ladies, believe it or not, most men don’t want to be viewed as just a wallet. If that’s all you’re after, you’re better off taking it to a site specifically for sugar daddies.
4. Words that misrepresent yourself. Anybody who’s been doing the online dating thing for a while knows that people exaggerate ALL the time on those sites.
You know what I’m talking about: “Curvy” is code for “DELICIOUSLY candy-coated” . . . and “Entrepreneur” means “I sell stuff on eBay from my mom’s basement.” So let’s just keep things real, okay?
5. The phrase, “I’m tired of (blank)”. No one wants to a read a list of what you DON’T want in a match. Saying things like, “I’m tired of liars and cheaters” just makes you look like you’re jaded and have some baggage.