Santa may have made his list and checked it twice, but, according to a recent survey, there are plenty of folks who won’t finish preparations until the last minute this holiday season. And, according to those surveyed (no shocker here), the majority of these eleventh hour shoppers are likely to be men. The holiday shopping survey found the following:
- Approximately one in five people anticipate they won’t finish their holiday shopping until the week before Christmas or until Christmas Eve.
- Men are more likely to complete their holiday shopping later than women (23% of men compared to 17% of women).
- More than half of the males surveyed identified themselves as the person who will be last to finish holiday shopping in their family.
- Among females surveyed, husbands were mentioned most often as the family member who will finish holiday shopping last (32%).
“Procrastination is an annual holiday tradition for many of today’s busy shoppers, and Blockbuster offers these eleventh hour shopping tips:
- Avoid the mall. It at all possible, avoid the crowds and parking hassles of shopping malls to save time.
- Take advantage of extended hours. Shop when it’s convenient for you or when crowds are thin, such as mid-week or during the late evening.
- Shop at the unexpected retailer where you can find something for almost everyone on your list. More than half of those surveyed by Blockbuster said they would be more likely to shop at one location that can satisfy all their gift needs. Whether it’s gourmet foods or home entertainment, there’s probably a store that can answer all of your gift needs.
- Look for pre-packaged gifts. Ready-made gift bags and baskets make great last-minute gifts for an assistant, your neighbor, the babysitter or anyone else to whom you want to spread a little cheer.
- Consider gift cards. Gift cards are fast, easy and the perfect topper to your gift.
- Look for in-store packaging to reduce wrapping time.