1. It’s gonna take a while for you to get your “cash prize.”
Also, if you win money on “Cash Cab,” you actually have to wait for a check in the mail.
2. Size is all an illusion.
The contestants seem to be the same height because they all stand on platforms that are lowered or raised to make sure they’re at the same level.
3. Seriously. It really is an illusion.
Think the wheel in “Wheel of Fortune” is huge? The diameter is only about six feet.
4. When you “win,” you actually “lose.” (Money, that is.)
If you win that really awesome car from “The Price Is Right”, you’d better have money saved up to cover the taxes.
5. There is a market for reselling your prizes.
After you win The Price Is Right, there are people waiting outside to buy your prizes.. but not at face value.
6. Filming for a week’s worth of shows happens in a day.
For “Wheel of Fortune” and “Jeopardy!”, the hosts take a short 15- to 20-minute break in between shows to change their clothes, and then they’re right back to the game!
7. You are escorted everywhere when you’re not filming.
Contestants usually have to be escorted to the bathroom during filming to make sure that no one cheats.
8. The “surprise” contestants know what they’re getting into.
A game show can make it look like they choose random people to play, but the truth is that a lot of them were recruited to be on the show.
9. You shouldn’t always trust the audience.
In “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”, using the Ask the Audience lifeline is usually fine, but in the international versions of the show some audience members purposely give wrong answers.
10. Don’t expect to take a prop home from the show, especially if it was your winning Plinko chip from “The Price Is Right”.
There are only 10 of them in the entire world because they’re extremely expensive to make.
11. Phoning a friend is a really big hassle.
In “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”, setting up “phone-a-friend” is a real big pain. You have to find five people with LANDLINES, and they have to be available ALL DAY. It’s a good way to find out who your real friends are.