Q: A new survey asked 2,000 Americans to name the most embarrassing social situations you can encounter. The #1 answer in this poll seems fishy, it’s probably because a cough medicine company (Robitussin) sponsored it. But the rest of the top ten seem legit. #1 is Coughing in a quiet place. 52% of people in the poll said it’s embarrassing. What is the second most embarrassing social situation you can encounter?
A: Saying something stupid in front of your boss, 43%.
3. Forgetting someone’s name, 40%
4. Passing gas in public, 37%.
5. Falling asleep in public, also 37%.
6. Having the hiccups in a work meeting, 36%.
7. Tripping in public, 36%.
8. Your significant other having a temper tantrum in public, 34%.
9. Your child having a temper tantrum in public, also 34%.
10. Public speaking, 32%.