March 24th is the 84th day of the year. There are 282 days remaining until the end of the year
There are 8 days remaining until April Fool’s Day
There are 19 days remaining until Easter
Today is National Cake Pops Day, National Agriculture Day, National Cheesesteak Day & National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day
— On this date in 1883, long distance phone service began in the U.S.
Mountain Dew has released an exclusive Walmart flavor called Frostbite. Reviews of the blue drink have been positive.
Walmart is selling a new ice cream flavor called Circus Cookie. The sweet ice cream is infused with Animal Cookie pieces and pink icing swirls
This might be the most ridiculous example of misinformation we’ve seen so far. A 29-year-old guy in London got on a WhatsApp group chat last week, and joked that the U.K. was using Wembley Stadium as a makeshift oven to cook a giant lasagna that would feed the whole country. Most peopled realized it wasn’t true. But it went so viral that soccer officials had to comment and clarify it’s not true.
A recent survey asked people about various foods, and how they pronounce them. Here are eight examples. Let’s see if you’re in the majority or not when it comes to how they’re pronounced . . .
1. Caramel: CAR-muhl . . . or CARE-uh-mel? 65% of people say CARE-uh-mel.
2. Bagel: BAY-gull . . . or BAG-ull? 9% of us say BAG-ull.
3. Salmon: SAM-uhn . . . or SAL-muhn? 19% pronounce the “L”.
4. Pecan: PEE-can . . . or puh-KAHN? The winner is PEE-can with 68% of the vote.
5. Jalapeño: Halla-PEEN-yo . . . or halla-PEN-yo? That one’s closer than we expected. 40% of people say halla-PEN-yo.
6. Espresso: ESS-presso . . . or EX-presso? 16% say EX, even though it’s wrong.
7. Crêpe: Krep . . . or krayp? 64% pronounce it with a hard “Y” sound . . . krayp.
8. Syrup: SIR-up . . . or SEER-up? It’s a tie. Both got 50% of the vote.
The makers of marshmallow Peeps, Just Born Inc, has suspended production due to the coronavirus.
A Northern California city is asking residents not to use T-shirts as toilet paper as panicked customers exhaust toilet paper aisles nationwide. The City of Reddng California tweeted: “Remember, if you use anything other than toilet paper, Bag it. Don’t flush it.”
Earlier this month, Tito’s was warning drinkers that its vodka wouldn’t be an effective hand sanitizer to combat coronavirus, because the liquor is only 40 percent alcohol and sanitizer needs to be 60 percent. But the dream of a vodka hand sanitizer was not far from being realized. This week Tito’s announced that it would transform its distillery into a sanitizer production facility, filling a huge need as the country faces a shortage amid the pandemic.