WAXX 104.5 PAT KELIHER AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP
presented by WESTCONSIN CREDIT UNION
2017 OFFICIAL RULES
- Amount of the scholarship is five hundred dollars ($500.00).
- Students must be active (or have been active at one time) in 4-H and/or FFA Livestock Programs. Scholarship is open to eligible students involved in pursuing 2 year or 4 year degrees in Agriculture-related studies, including agricultural broadcasting and agri-media studies, in the state of Wisconsin.
- Applicants must have achieved an overall high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 point scale. Students must be enrolled or plan to enroll in an agricultural curriculum at a two (2) year Technical College or a four (4) year college. Students already enrolled in college programs must be carrying a minimum of 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale. High School Principals, Guidance Counselors or College Registrars must provide verification. Students who are graduating High School Seniors or are completing the first year of post secondary education are eligible.
- Applicants should visit 20inarowwaxx.com and submit their completed entry by March 1, 2017.
- Applicants may be asked to submit their photograph. Photographs become the property of Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire LLC (WAXX 104.5).
- Interviews will be scheduled with finalists. All interviews will be conducted in one afternoon to be held sometime between March 6 – March 10, 2017. Judges will interview up to six (6) finalists and the winner will receive the scholarship award at the WAXX 104.5 Ag Appreciation Day dinner, Monday, March 13th at the Grand Occasions Event Center in Osseo, WI. All finalists who are invited for an interview will be asked to attend the dinner for the scholarship presentation.
- Employees of Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire LLC, and their families are ineligible to apply for this scholarship. Employees of the Scholarship’s presenting sponsor: WESTCONSIN Credit Union are also ineligible to apply for the scholarship. Prior WAXX 104.5 scholarship winners are ineligible.
- An independent group of up to five (5) judges will be selected with no more than one (1) judge from Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire LLC. The judges’ decision will be final.
- Winner must be enrolled in 2017-2018 post secondary school year or forfeit the scholarship.
- The scholarship check will be made payable to student and school to be attended. The scholarship check will be issued upon proof of acceptance to the school of choice.
- If applying for financial aid, please attach a copy of the application.
- Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire LLC reserves the right to alter this scholarship and the official rules of this scholarship contest.
- id-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire LLC reserves the right to award the scholarship to an alternate if the scholarship winner is unfit or unable to accept the scholarship.
- Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire LLC has the right to use the winner’s and finalists’ names, pictures, comments and voices as no cost to Mid-West Family Broadcasting of Eau Claire LLC or the winner/finalists now or ever.